- Guaranteed interoperability
- Easy and intuitive to use
- No technology dependencies, so no configuration required
- Compatible with the REST architectural constraints
- The system checks if the number is available, and if so then reserves that number for some time (on behalf of the customer).
- The customer's credit is checked in the billing system.
- If OK, then the phone number reservation is confirmed and the billing is done.
- Otherwise, the phone number is released again and no billing is done.
Imagine the BPM modeling you would need to do to handle all failure scenarios and confirmation scenarios from that last 2 steps. We know from experience that this does not scale…Instead, what we offer is a complete and reliable automation of the confirmation and cancellation steps - letting you focus on the happy path of the workflow. We do this via a service called TaaS ( TCC as a Service) and plan to offer a REST implementation of that. We've presented this idea at the recent SOA symposium (the presentation can be found here) and we are looking for early adopters to sponsor our version one product… So if your SOA should be lightweight and involves the concept of reservations of business resources then please email us today to apply for our early adopter program. Don't wait, because being a small company we can only do a few of these and first come means first served…